Netiquette (short for "network etiquette") is a set of rules that facilitate participation in digital projects of communities, forums, chats, social media and user generated content. On Alfa Romeo Social NetWall, we suggest a netiquette and we ask you to respect it in order to grant all participants a good civil living-together. The systematic violation of one or more suggestions will cause the removal of the post and, in worst cases, of the ban.
1. Tone of voice In order to understand the tenor of the dialogues and to avoid being out of place, before writing it's useful to read the already published messages/posts/notes: this is the easiest way to understand the topic and the way it is dealt with.
2. Don't shout Do not write all posts and comments in all uppercase letters: on the web this is the equivalent of shouting at readers and is considered to be impolite, just like in the offline world.
3. No over topic Do not go off topic or post messages which deviate from the topic in question.
4. Care for writing contents Do not publish content that lies outside the themes of interest of the channels upon which is based our Social Platform.
5. Don't be argumentative Do not promote events and other pages not linked to Alfa Romeo Social NetWall. Avoid "flames", which are messages containing strong personal criticism or attack that can cause uncontrollable "flame wars". Avoid posting a private debate in a public area, especially if it's polemical. Do not publish messages with content that is useless to readers or that simply take side to support one party within an ongoing discussion.
6. Respect privacy Never publish the content of private or electronic mail messages without the explicit permission of the author.
7. Respect for users Be tolerant with users who make syntax or grammar mistakes. Users posting messages must in any case improve their own language, in order to be understood by the whole community.
8. Don't be rude All posts containing insults, inappropriate words or discriminatory remarks regarding ideas, sex, race and religion expressed by the other users will be immediately removed.
9. Customer Care Phone Number If you need to contact the Customer Service, please call 800 25 32 0000.